RE: (PM) Callback and Windows NT

Terje Sten Bjerkseth (tsb@infotron.no)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 00:21:52 +0200

Yes, I noticed that I got an error (dropped/reset by remote peer) when
trying the callback account.

Does anyone know if callback-support for Windows (NT) will be added in
ComOS 3.8, and/or if it has already been RFE'd and is scheduled for a
future release?

-tsb

-----Original Message-----
From: Steffen Clausjuergens [mailto:stcl@Hamburg.POP.de]
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 1998 9:31 PM
To: Terje Sten Bjerkseth
Cc: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: Re: (PM) Callback and Windows NT

It won`t work! Microsoft (and many other vendors) use a special
protocol.
If you want to use call back, you`ll dial into a PM give your username
and
password and the PM emediatly hangs up and calls you back.
Most vendors expect a reply from the PM that he will call you back and
won`t
accept any incomeing calls if this answer is missing.
There is no RFC for this, so MS ueses his own LCP extension, which
Livingston
doen`t support.