Re: Fw: (PM) Stuck Modems on PM2E

Andrei Pougatch (andre@ru.com)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:05:24 +0400 (MSD)

We have the same with Zooms. The problem looks like the following: 4 lines
in a hunt group work OK, 6-7-8-etc.-th lines work OK, 5-th line doesn't
work. "Doesn't work" mean that user modem get connected but never get
login prompt - untill modem power switch off/on. PAP doesn't work too. For
system it looks like waiting for "USERNAME". After reset "login:" arrives
and everything works. For a while. Then the problem re-arises again -
till next re-powering. This is for one particular port. Switching the
phone line from 5-th modem to 6-th - .. etc. leads to the stuck 5-th modem
independently from the phone line. Switching the modem from the 5-th port
to 6-th - ... etc. leads to the stuck 5-th modem independently from the
particular modem. Looking at the thread I would assume that changing
the modem wouldn't help too. Any cure?

Unfortunately we can't change our modems for PM3 as PM3 doesn't work with
our telco's ISDX switch and Lucent engineers can't help with this. Too.