Re: (PM) Filters for denying dialup daemons

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@usacomputers.net)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:49:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> True but then everyone who wants to access his system would have to
> specify the different port number, no?

Yes, but in most cases like this it's a 'Warz' server or something along
those lines and they spam out messages once they bring it up or update a
link from a ligit web page. That how I caught one person who would post in
100's of news groups "Come to my server on Port XXXXX at address XXXXX"
every weekend.

Tom