Re: (PM) Outgoing fax?

Frank Heinzius (frimp@mms.de)
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:25:06 +0200

Hiya,

On 29 May 98, at 19:06, NOT a LE employee wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 1998, Christopher Arnold wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > does anyone on the list have any experiences and/or pointers to fax
> > software compatible with the portmasters?
> >
> > One of my clients would like to implement an email-fax gateway and also a
> > bulk fax-system using pm3's.
>
> You mean to fax out from one of the ports of the PM3?
>
> nada zip zero zilch... the PM3 doesn't have software code to do Facsimile
> transmittal...

Yes, and this is a pity! We already RFEŽd this since the existence of the PM3...when we
had the old modem cards, Livingston said that perhaps the Lucent code would cover this.
Now we have the Lucent DSPs, and Fax doesnŽt work.
It would make the PM3 and PM4 more attractive to corporate customers if the DSPs would
have "real" modem code ;-)

Anyone in this list saying "if we could do Fax, we would by XXX units [where XXX =
minimal_amount_of_fully_loaded_units_that_would_make_Lucent_implement_fax_code]" ;-)

Frank

best regards,

--
Frank M. Heinzius              MMS Communication AG
mailto:frimp@mms.de            Eiffestrasse 598