Re: (PM) PM3 connects slower than PM2?

Jason Xu (jason@ihermes.com)
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:06:14 -0700

>On Fri, 29 May 1998, Jason Xu wrote:
>
>> Hi, there,
>>
>> Just switched from PM2 to PM3 a few weeks ago. The login process takes
much
>> longer thank under PM2. Is this normal? We are running ComOS3.18beta that
>> support V.90.
>
>Well, it's doing the v.8 tone so that's one thing... and if they are using
>K56Flex then speed negotiation takes longer...

A lot of customers (probably all of them) takes noticably longer time to
connect to PM3 as compare to pm2 before. Not just K56flex. We have customers
that use Novell modem sharing (NAZI) that do not connect consistently
(probably a connection time out), while the same user connects to our pm2
pools just fine. We are phasing out the pm2s.

Surprised that no one encounter this problem.

Thanks.

Jason