Re: (PM) Telnet problem

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Sat, 30 May 1998 15:17:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Joe wrote:

> We have a PM3 and we usually telnet into it alot to monitor the users
> while they log in. (helps techsupport)
>
> Everytime I try to make a telnet connection I get "Connection Refused"
>
> Why? How do I fix this? Had this problem for about a week now.

This usually happens when you telnet in using a windows telnet client and
forget to exit out of the portmaster before closing the window. If you
just close the window the telnet session is still there waiting for more
commands. And there is no timeout and there are only 4 telnet sessions
allowed.

To fix it you can log in via the console port, sh netcon and reset the
telnet sessions. Use pmconsole and reset the connections, or reboot the
box.

Doug Ingraham The best defense against logic is ignorance.
Rapid City, SD
USA