Re: (PM) Portmaster + EQL hint rqstd

Samudra E. Haque (haque@pradeshta.net)
Sat, 30 May 1998 19:03:23 -0500

Anthony Green (HTAL) wrote:

> This is something that I wrote ages ago to help some friends configure EQL
> with Slakware linux. You still need to read the eql doc because it tells
> you where to get eql_enslave and some other useful info ..
>
> Setup for redhat and debian is a little different .. as debian uses the
> provier and chat or pap scripts differently and also the ip-up script ...
> as does redhat .. but if you dont know how to set them up .. you shouldnt
> be trying to setup EQL =)

hi, Anthony,

got EQL up and running with a medium bit of fuss, but works ok now. Am
seeking to set the MTU parameters to 1500 on both circuits, but
even after setting in the /usr/src/linux/include/if_eql.h file
(linux 2.0.33, eql 1.2) the EQL_DEFAULT_MTU to 1500, the enslave
program refuses to enslave as it thinks the master MTU is 576
and therefore the slaves also must have 576 as their MTU.

When I set 1500 on the slave channel MTU (which the portmaster
happily accepts and gives) the enlsave program refuses since
the master created by the "ifconfig" program has setup the device
with an MTU of 576.

Is it possible to set the master channel to 1500 MTU ? I notice
there is a patch on the author's web page for EQL, but that
patch is corrupted or incomplete every time I download it.

Any Ideas?

-samudra-