Re: (PM) Resetting the Password!

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 29 May 1998 19:18:49 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 1998, Mike Goldsworthy wrote:
>
> > I've unfortunately forgotten the password for one of our PM2, does anybody
> > know what the hardware setting is to reset the PM2 to default configuration??
>
> There is no "publically" available hardware way to reset the password in a
> portmaster product. You will need to call customer service, tell them you
> need a password override, they can easily do it for you.

To all who responded thus far... looking at the time for this message I
think he really needs to get the unit in service before Monday ;) Which
is why he asked to reset to default...

web search on Lucent RABU's site:

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/300/300001.html

**note the e-mail option

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/300/310002.html

this can be used if:

1) your ComOS is of a revision that allows 'admin' logins
2) you use a RADIUS version that supports 'admin' login

nice 'work-around' perhaps

and last from my saved messages:

Once upon a time Ing. Felipe Tribaldos shaped the electrons to say...
>You can get to the console, but you can't login unless you have
>the !root password or do a password override with Livingston.

Dipswitch one and two up - force a netboot. Load a .nofs (no file system)
ComOS image. This completely ignores flash.

Wipe the unit clean. Reload ComOS - you now have a factory fresh unit.

-MZ

How's that ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,