Re: (PM) PM3 connects slower than PM2?

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 29 May 1998 12:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 May 1998, Jason Xu wrote:

> Hi, there,
>
> Just switched from PM2 to PM3 a few weeks ago. The login process takes
> much longer thank under PM2. Is this normal? We are running
> ComOS3.18beta that support V.90.

3.8b15? No, that is not normal. But if this is your first PM-3 I would
recommend not running a beta release of software. Actually regardless, I
am stilling going to recommend running nothing later then 3.8b13. I've
already acknowledged several modem issues in 3.8b15 (which is to be
expected considerable the huge addition of v.90 to it..) Most people are
doing just fine with b15, but I still would tend to argue for a new PM-3
user to _not_ run 3.8b15 unless they know exactly what they are getting
into with a beta release of software. :-) Wait for the next beta build if
you must have V.90, which is looking very good.

3.7.2c3 is the latest official release for the PM-3 platform. Load that
up and see how it goes.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>