Re: (PM) Package A or package B (Pac Bell)

Scot W. Hetzel (hetzels@westbend.net)
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:09:20 -0500

From: Jeff Halper <jefflist@ihot.com>

>pac Bell says I can get either package A - 23 channels + 1 channel for
>signalling, or I can get package B - 24 channels, no signalling.
>
>Does PM3 support Package B? Which is recommended - A or B?

It depends on whether Package B is C-T1 or ISDN. The PM3 Supports
Trunk-side Channelized T1, which will allow 56K Voice-ISDN connections.

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/200/210001.html

Currently, the PM3 doesn't support NFAS. NFAS allows you to order 2 ISDN PRI
(one with 23 channels, the other with 24 channels both sharing the signaling
channel of the first PRI)

Scot