Re: (PM) NT Radius Crashes -- Memory Problems

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 23:48:24 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 May 1998, Jack Cole wrote:

> Hi I am running Livingston Radius for NT and about every 2-3 days it
> crashes. It says something about virtual memory. I have noticed
> something that I think is strange and might indicate a bug. I pressed
> CTRL-ALT-DEL and started the task manager while radius was running.
> When I first did this it said that the radius service was using almost 8
> MB of memory. I thought that was an awfully large amount. I minimized
> the radius window, and then it was using 800K. Then when it
> authenticates a user it jumps to 2.5 Meg and stays. If I minimize it
> again it goes back to 800K.

You don't mention what version of RADIUS NT this is? I've not played with
our NT implementation of RADIUS much though. Chad may have some better
input for you if he is reading this.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>