Re: (PM) Acct-Terminate-Cause of User-Error

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 22:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

On 19 May 1998, Daryl Maunder wrote:

> I have our landlord hardwired into our PM2 with a RS-232 cable, using
> the null modem driver from Livingston's site, and a null modem cable.
> All is working fine, but the large majority of his disconnects are
> User-Error. What does this mean? It is often longer than a day, it can
> be up to 10 days per call, but it nearly always terminate with the same
> error.

What ComOS release? Anyhow, User-Error usually indicates a strange
request or behavior was encountered. Something weird we received on the
link from the remote. What is on the other side of the null modem cable?
A workstation or another router?

> There are lots of questions about Acct-Terminate-Causes, if there are
> any Livingston doco types about, can you make a note to document them
> somewhere.

See the release notes, particularly for 3.7 (and 3.5 I think):

<URL:http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Docs/Release/>

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>