RE: (PM) Login Timeout

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 18:17:02 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 May 1998, Lou Jiang wrote:

> I used the pipeline 75 on that location first. The customer called us
> that he got a huge phone bill (about 6000 calls a month) and ascend didn't
> return my phone call. So I replaced the pipeline 75 with Nautica. But
> the problem didn't go away. Then I called Ameritech(our phone company),
> Bay and Livingston to veritify the circuit and confuration. They found no
> problems.

Well either way this is a client-side issue. No way this can be the PM-3
if the client's router is initiating calls. Anyhow, one guess: I'd be
willing to bet they have it set to dial-on-demand probably with both of
the units they have tried and had that problem with? Some traffic on
their LAN is triggering the dial. Need to put filters on the clients
router. Nothing you can do at the PM-3 end.

-jr
----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>