Re: (PM) PM3 "S32 Stopped too long-flushing packet queue"

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 16:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

On 26 May 1998, Tim Hodges wrote:

> I have this customer who has much difficulty getting on. She is able to
> log on, get a PPP session up, check her e-mail (most of the time), but
> her through put is horrible. If she tries loading our page (or any
> other) the thing will load a bit then hang. She has Win95A. Today I was
> seeing the above message: S32 Stopped too long-flushing packet queue on
> her port.

The byte queue on that port filled up (i.e. we had nowhere to send the
date going out that port to the user) so we dumped/dropped it since we
have not quite perfected the art of an "infinite buffer" yet..close
though. ;-)

Modem retrains or any number of other things that could cause a break-down
in the connection between the PM-3 and the user. What type of modem?
What speed is it reporting? Error correction and compression? show
modems (and show mX) output. Etc.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>