Re: (PM) Whining on this list.

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 09:23:04 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Dave Cates wrote:

> Group,
>
> Well let's see how many idiot's I can piss off. You read the subject of
> this message and chose to open it. So if you are stupid enough to complain

Nope I didn't look at the subject... see I use pine and just hit 'n' for
not... 8) i'm just a clueless 'idiot' then in your words. I guess doing
what works fastest for me also makes me 'stupid,' so be it... I'll admit
that I'm a lamer!

> And while I'm at, the whiners are usually the ones that have the smart ass
> comments for someone new to PM's trying to get something working. Not all

8) WHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, take this in stride as I stated before I'm a lamer and might not
communicate myself well, but .... I'm on several lists and try to follow
each lists etiquette (sp?) there are also some rules that as list
lurkers we should follow, one is that one shouldn't post to a list things
not in it's 'charter.'

For sale stuff is not particularly appropriate to this list... as repeated
incessantly by Jake and Lucent RABU (ex-)employees...Thus this 'whine' is
something that ALL should take heed.

As for _ass_uming that us whiners shouldn't tell people to RTFM or STFW,
well I'm 'guilty' of that fact... it's surprising how 30 secs. of my time
will find the information that someone who appears to be new to posting
just blats out to the list... then there are those questions which pop up
in multiples that a simple archive search would have given the answers.

I've been flamed before for posting non-consequential things and for
giving 'rude' responses. That's all and well, the main thing I wish to
see is that people take some initiative to find information and to follow
netiquette (sp?)

Now, I'm curious as to who (or is it whom) you consider to be the whiners?

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood