Re: (PM) Tigris Feedback

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Mon, 25 May 1998 09:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Rob Merkwitza wrote:

> The Tigris had a fair number of teething problems. We were one of the
> first to have one in Australia. We did find that the support from ACC in
> the states and their counter parts in Sydney was first grade. I must say
> it was good to see that this kind of support was still available even if we
> were on the other side of the world.

This may be true from the other side of the world, but I'm in Santa Barbara,
the same _town_ as ACC. I've had two occasions to call them for tech support
on new products, and in both cases was run through the gauntlet and has to
convince ACC that I was worthy of speaking with their support folks. Maybe
I need to call Sydney.

Also found the documentation positively worthless. They don't even include
a complete command reference, nor did they have it available on the web
last I checked. Extra-cost in book form only.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net 805-884-6323 --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.