Re: (PM) 56k Solution

Jeff Carneal (jeff@apex.apex.net)
Fri, 22 May 1998 22:42:22 +0000 (CST)

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 1998, Jeff Carneal wrote:
>
> > Also, you forgot to mention that it takes easily 10 times as long to boot
> > as a PM3, and that it doesn't do MCMP without an extra router to handle
> > that.
>
> Hmm...if by MCMP you mean multi-chasis multilink PPP, I was assured by our
> Cisco rep that it did that...though I can't really imagine having several
> 5300's. You'd need ear protection to walk into the network room.

Well, in the interest of not spreading misinformation, it was actually the
5200 that I was told needed external devices to help manage MCMP. I
honestly don't know about the 5300 on that front...

--
  Jeff Carneal - Sys Admin - Apex Internet
  jeff@apex.net http://www.apex.net (502) 442-5363

The opinions expressed above aren't really mine. They belong to someone else who also refuses to take responsibility for them.