Re: (PM) Remote POP Management

Jeff Carneal (jeff@apex.apex.net)
Thu, 21 May 1998 20:58:03 +0000 (CST)

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Wed, 20 May 1998, Lil' Feet wrote:
>
> > I have 2 POP locations that I would like to manage from my location.
> > I'm trying to have some sort of machine that connects to the console ports
> > of the various equipment that make up the remote POP, so that I may telnet
> > to this machine and then console login to the equipment. Has anyone used
> > PM-11's for this purpose, and if so how are the PM-11's configured since
>
> Yes we used/sold dozens of PM 11's specifically for this purpose.
>
> > you can't use the 'attach' command. If you don't use a PM-11 what do you
> > use? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Set up the device-service as telnet and use ports 10001 and up (security
> telnet ports). or just 6001 and up.

I still can't get ports >10000 to work on this exact same application
using a PM2E30. Any suggestions?

--
  Jeff Carneal - Sys Admin - Apex Internet
  jeff@apex.net http://www.apex.net (502) 442-5363

The opinions expressed above aren't really mine. They belong to someone else who also refuses to take responsibility for them.