Re: (PM) How to set IPX SAP filter correctly ?

James Dutton (James@superbug.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 19 May 1998 20:55:50 +0000

Hello Steffen
There is no way to filter out what appears on the list.
The SAP filter only effects the Get Nearest Server request.
SAP filters only work on out filters
The Client dials in.
Sends GNS req
PM3 replies from its SAP table after first filtering it through ofilt
The Client receives say Server FRED
The Client then contacts server FRED and requests a full list or servers
This contact with server FRED cannot be filtered.
What you can do though is filter on IPXNET
Each Novell server has 1 internal IPXNET and 1 external IPXNET
The Internal IPX net can be found from "sh sap" and look for the type 4
saps. These are file server names.
Only permit the internal IPXNET numbers of the servers you want to be
able to access.
So to summerise.
The user will see all the servers, but with an IPXNET filter access is
restricted to particular ones.
I hope this helps
Cheers
James