Re: FW: (PM) no connect

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 14 May 1998 18:49:04 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Mark Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well I've just fixed two customers with exactly the same problem. They
> can't connect to my PM3 but connect perfectly on my old analogue lines.
>
> Unplugging telephones plugged in when the modems were in use fixed the
> problem.

too many devices on the line then... which lowers the voltage level due to
capacitance or reactance I forget which...

Which means if a person has 3 extensions (phones) on the same line as the
modem, most times they'll get better connects just having the modem by
itself on the line rather than all those devices...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood