Re: (PM) Digest mismatch

portmaster@she.de
Tue, 12 May 1998 17:25:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Lawrence Blades wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:11:09 +0000
> From: Lawrence Blades <lrblades@clarksdale.com>
> To: portmaster@she.de
> Cc: portmaster-users@livingston.com
> Subject: Re: (PM) Digest mismatch
>
> portmaster@she.de wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > actually I have the following error:
> >
> > pw_recv:Digest mismatch
> >
> > if I try to make a PPP connect to our PM3.
> >

> I had the same trouble. That erro means your SECRET is not the same in
> the PM3 and the RADIUS client file. I thought mine was the same, but
> retyping it corrected the prob.

in the PM3 I have no SECRET for me, authentification is done by radius and
radius uses the UNIX-passwd/shadow. Telnetting to the radius server and
logging in with my userid and password works, but logging in via
Portmaster and PPP doesn't.

Maybe the radiusd has a problem reading the passwd?

Regards,

Ralf

> --
> Lawrence Blades
> Clarksdale Online, Inc.
> 121 Issaquena Avenue
> P.O. Box 673
> Clarksdale, MS 38614
> 601.627.5554
>
> http://www.clarksdale.com
> E-mail: lrblades@clarksdale.com

Ralf Naegele _/_/_/ _/ _/_/_/
Softwarehaus Engelhardt GmbH _/ _/ _/ Phon: +49 621 5953200
Donnersbergweg 1 _/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/ Fax: +49 621 5953201
D-67059 Ludwigshafen _/ _/ _/ _/ eMail: naegele@she.de
Xlink-PoP LU/HD/KL/DA _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ http://www.she.de/