Re: (PM) Multilink PPP for linux anyone?! - off topic

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Tue, 12 May 1998 10:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, someone started working on it. He only got as far as some patches
to the dev kernel 2.1.72 and some patches to pppd before giving up.
Apparently he got it working (mostly - except for fragments) and couldn't
convince the code maintainers to incorporate it into the dev kernel.
(this is usually due to the maintainers thinking that the code is somehow
nasty) I don't know why he gave up (got an ISDN TA maybe? or switched
OS's) I have his patches to the kernel around somewhere, but not the
changes to pppd (he had them at work somewhere and said he would try to
get them for me). As far as I know, noone is actively working on it now.
Tis a pity. Maybe some intrepid coders will take it up again. Its gonna
require some heavy hacking in the kernel and the pppd code.

Check the archives, I tested Linux EQL vs. NT MP. EQL won hands down.
(So did single modem on Linux for that matter). I posted my results to
the list.