RE: (PM) Filtering

J.P. Racine (racinejp@thot.net)
Tue, 12 May 1998 08:04:06 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 04:49:49PM -0400, J.P. Racine wrote:

>> not filtering options can be set for individual accounts or not. For
>> example if there is a user on a port who wishes to filter ICMP from an IP
>> because someone is ping flooding them.

>You would need to use ChoiceNet then have the control panel create the
>filter with the right rules and assign each user a static ip to filter
with,
>etc etc..

Ok, can the settings not be stored somehow in a profile? Assuming that it
was
a simple ICMP flood filter, and the user has a cisco 1004 2BRI to feed his
small
business LAN that he had dynamic IP allocation due to the fact that the
router was
set to dial on demand. At that point would it be possible to load a profile
when the
user dials up that has a stored filter list? I would assume that this is a
plausible
situation and would really appreciate any other imput.

> I don't think it would even be worth it.

I'm sorry but I can think of more ways why it would be useful vice the
annoyance of
having to implement it...

Thank you very much for the reply Stephen,
J.P.Racine
racinejp@thot.net