Re: (PM) Filtering

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Mon, 11 May 1998 18:17:52 -0600

On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 04:49:49PM -0400, J.P. Racine wrote:

> I am planning to set up a user control panel for so that users may
> administer their own accounts and wish to include spam filter settings as
> well as various other features. My question for the list is weather or

Okay.

> not filtering options can be set for individual accounts or not. For
> example if there is a user on a port who wishes to filter ICMP from an IP
> because someone is ping flooding them.

You would need to use ChoiceNet then have the control panel create the
filter with the right rules and assign each user a static ip to filter with,
etc etc.. I don't think it would even be worth it. Let the users worry
about doing the filtering in most cases (usually they won't even understand
a part of it). If a user is being flooded they should contact you and you
can put a filter on it and contact the admins of the flooder and get them to
stop for good.

--
 - Steve
  - Systems Manager