Re: (PM) Signal "busy" but enough lines!?

Christopher Arnold (chris@bahnhof.se)
Mon, 11 May 1998 15:48:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Xavier Mertens wrote:
>
> > The problem is that some modem users receive a busy signal when dialing
> > the cascade but I'm 100% sure that we still have free channels
> > (I asked my telco op. to check and we never go over 80% of used lines)
> > What can be the problem? Some defect modem cards? Telco bottleneck? ...

I have noticed that if you have a pm3 that isn't fully loaded with
modemcards the calls wont get routed to the next PRI in the cascade.
Instead you will receive a busy tone.
We therefore are forced to make shure that the pm3 that isn't fully
equipped with modems is last in the chain.

In an mixed ISDN/analog setup this results in ineficcient usage of the
modem-cards, preferably you would like to have a pure ISDN pm3 first in
the chain and let it svallow all the ISDN-calls.

> Is it a normal Busy or a Fast Busy? If the telco does not have enough

Could someone please explain the difference?

/chris