Re: (PM) Frame relay support for the T1 card on the PM3

Emilio Gomez (emilio.gomez@lightcom.net)
Wed, 06 May 1998 14:49:29 -0600

At 10:30 AM 5/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Russ Taylor wrote:
>> Sorry if this has been answered before -- does the T1 card on the PM-3
>> support frame relay on 3.8b13? If not, what release (not when :) will
>> support be provided in?
>
>It is supposed to be supported on 3.8b13, but there is a major bug in
>it. It works on 3.8b4 and 3.8b15.
>>
>> I do know that b13 supports PtP T1, just not sure about frame relay.
>
>The bug in the code causes all link management polls to go our on dlci
>1008.
>They say 3.8b15 works, but I have not tried it.

3.8b15 seems to work fine. I put our card in around 05:30 and it performs
like a champ. Be warned, some of the documentation on Lucington's site
contradicts reality on the configuration.

MZ, how about telling someone to fix the IP over Fram-Relay Wan doc at
www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/Routing/wan-frame-relay.html? On page 4
or 5 it says to put DLCI:IP. This contradicts what the PM3 will accept
(there should be a space, not a ":"). It might confuse those who don't know
otherwise. The doc at
www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/Routing/wan-frame-sub-interface.html gets
it right though.