Re: (PM) PM3 location doesn't dial (fwd)

Scot W. Hetzel (hetzels@westbend.net)
Wed, 6 May 1998 15:17:04 -0500

From: MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org>

>Once upon a time tro@net-prov.de shaped the electrons to say...
>>Now I want to do this with define a location. But no result.
>>(group ok, dial out for port is set, modem on, debug is used)
>>I used the pmconsole for windows.
>>
>>The only command, that work is in V.25 script
>
>This is wrong. You do not use V.25 with a modem dial out.
>
>>If I try to use a Async dial-Script, the debug shows only
>>a VRN send-Command, nothing else, no atxx\r-Command.
>
>Right, Do NOT use V.25.

I am having a similar problem, can't dial out. Below is what I receive when
I use the dial command (per the book) on the pm3.

pm3> set console

pm3> dial WestBend -x
Starting dial to location WestBend using S22
sendthem (VRA3350397)
expect (=DCD=)
Connection Failed

The location "WestBend" is set as follows:

pm3> show location WestBend
Location: WestBend Type: Manual
Destination: Negotiated Netmask: 255.255.255.255
Protocol: PPP Options: Quiet, VJ-Comp, Analog
Group: 0 Max Ports: 2
Idle Timeout: 10 minutes High Mark: 0 bytes
Mtu: 1500 Async Map: 00000000
Username: <testuser> Password: <password>
Telephone: 3350397

The "Async Dial Script" and "V.25bis Dial Scripts" are empty.

What do I need to change to make it work?

Also, could I dial the same pm3 to check if it supports Data Over Voice
(DOSBS)? (pm3 connected by CT1).

Scot