Re: (PM) PM3 with N*64 frac-E1 service

tro@net-prov.de
Wed, 06 May 1998 19:23:23 +0200

Samudra E. Haque wrote:

> This is a theoretical question, I wouldn't think it would lead
> to any practical use... but its been bugging me!
>
> If a PM3 was connected through a CSU/DSU with less than a full
> E1 (2.048 Mbps, 30ch +2) connection how many channels would
> be active?

We get 15ch+1 or +2 from our telco on a E1. 15 users could be active at
one time. The PM use S0-S14.
During test you can set debug isdn to see, if the cicle of
B-channels ok.
Mean: first call-in use B1, next B2,..B15, than B1 again.

Ounce our telco have a mistake: they defined 1 signaling ch on
B15 and so the cicle has a hole.

Now all is okay and we have updated to 30ch.

> If a 512Kbps CSU channel... (8 E1 time slots)... would that
> mean 8 users could be active at one time? What if the
> number of active channels might need to be increased slowly - would
> that need anything more difficult than a software command (i.e,
> more hardware?).

No, telco has to config the E1 line (software), you on pm have only
to test, nothing else.