Re: (PM) RFE for idle time

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 6 May 1998 03:19:37 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Jeff Carneal wrote:

> How many people would like to see a field in the radius detail counting up
> the total idle time for that connection. Seems like it would be really
> useful to those of us who are giving unlimited accounts and such. Any
> takers?

LOL...... ^C and ^X duh....

I wasn't gonna reply... now I gotta fix my erroneous message...

anyhow, I thought about it, and it would probably a 'hard' thing to
implement unless you used SNMP or similar to track the variable then log
it to a file or database which you could then update the variable...

as if someone disconnects 'nicely' from a PM3 it wouldn't then be idle
would it? Otherwise if they idle 30 mins then do something for 5 then
idle for 30 more... the PM would only track the latest idle time...

hmm... interesting statistics data you could get from this though!

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood