Re: (PM) Win 95 help needed

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 6 May 1998 02:57:11 -1000 (HST)

On Sun, 3 May 1998, James Scott wrote:

> I have a user that I have went through all dialup networking
> settings and cannot figure out what is wrong.
>
> They dial in and connect but cant pull up a web page
>
> I have them go to a command prompt and ping my IP
> and it works. I have them ping my web server using
> the name and it comes back bad IP. I have them
> pull up a web browser and try the web server
> and no go I have them try the web server using
> the IP that they where able to ping and no go.

what error message from the web browser? This will indicate a problem
with the tcp/ip and DNS resolving problem...

look at www.iav.com/~livingston/win95.html

that's worked for me... if they still have problems then delete the
connectoid in my computer | DUN and remake it!

after trying those you'll need to give explicit error messages that are
received.

or do the winsock 2 upgrade and DUN1.2

I don't have instructions on how that's done, but it's really simple and I
redo it in about 5 mins for this one person every week or so.... that
person just can't help but mess with win95 and break it so badly he needs
to reload it ...

8) damn I gotta post more of the notes in my head....

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood