Re: (PM) david jacobs and my apologies...

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sun, 3 May 1998 22:48:15 -0600

David [Ian] Jacobs from NY, NY. His company buys throw-away accounts which
they put porn on and list it on all of the search engines and over loading
your web server. Check out the archives for inet-access, there was some
mention of him a couple weeks ago there with some good details including an
ISP's taped phone conversation where he finally admits to purchasing throw
away accounts.

Steve

On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 01:21:25PM -0700, Robert Hanson wrote:

> dunno if all of you have seen this. my apologies if this offends you, but
> i dont give much a sh*t about bandwidth. i do care about filling your
> mailboxes with crap though...
>
> david jacobs calls from new york, new york.
>
> i have
>
> 158 w 29th #12, new york, ny 10001
>
> 212-606-4202 or 212-328-4071 and just got the caller id from 212-564-1365
>
> asks about webspace and dialup, buy and account with a credit card and
> says he is moving to the area.
>
> i have seen on the net to be wary of this person and listened to
> conversation with him and another isp that he "might" be scamming for web
> bandwitdt advertising which would hose your machines or pipe(s)
>
> i initially saw it on the linuxisp list. you folks may have seen it
> somewhere else...
>
> what's up with this???? and ummm cant we get the fuzz on this person or
> group of people or what have you? any laws apply other than the laws of
> stupidity?
>
> we've only had them try to signup 3 times today.
>
> later.
>
> - rh
>
> -
> To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> 'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

 - Steve
  - Systems Manager
  - Community Internet Access, Inc.
  - Gallup and Grants, New Mexico