Re: (PM) Problem upgrading to 3.8b15

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Sun, 03 May 1998 13:00:33 -0700

Don't reboot. You may want to try upgrading using Amber - it seems to get
better results than either PMconsoles. If all else fails, telnet to the
box and set debug 0x72 to watch flash and try the upgrade again. This will
dump out a whole bunch of stuff and may give some indication as to where
the problems are. Also, be sure you downloaded in binary rather than ascii
mode.

At 07:23 AM 5/3/98 -0600, Emilio Gomez wrote:
>At 02:43 PM 5/3/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>On Sun, 3 May 1998, Emilio Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> Is 3.8b15 "supposed" to take more than say, an hour to upgrade on a PM3? I
>>> am sitting at 2 hours plus and PM Console still acts like it's doing the
>>> upgrade, however there is only intermittent data transfer (every 60
>>> seconds; refresh info?) when I look at the traffic between my workstation
>>> and the PM in question. Any thoughts?
>>
>>No it is not. A couple of minutes should do it, depending on the speed of
>>your link. Are you using the 3.5.3 version of PMconsole ??
>
>3.5.1.4 actually. All of the other upgrades I have done were in the <5min
>range. Being that Lucington won't be open til Mon, I am debating on how to
>proceed. I was hoping to get my T-1 card working today :(
> Any thoughts on trying the upgrade again?
>

>>Frans
>>
>>--
>>Frans ter Borg * * EuroNet Internet BV
>>Network Operations * * Herengracht 208 - 214
>> * 1016 BS Amsterdam
>>E-mail: frans@euro.net * Tel: +31 20 535 55 55

>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com