Re: (PM) Idle time counting while output bytes count (3.8b13)

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sat, 2 May 1998 13:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

On 30 Apr 1998, John W Baxter wrote:

> PortMaster3 (CT1) running ComOS 3.8b13
>
> This user has both input (shouldn't matter) and output counting, yet idle
> time is increasing (and the session timed out just after this sample, on
> our standard 15 minute timeout).
>
> Although I'm showing the sequence just from this point, I saw the
> connection with an idle time of 7 minutes, and took a show S7 then, also (7
> minutes prior to the others):
> show s7
[..]
> What "output" was he receiving which did not reset the idle timer?

Have you taken a look at a ptrace? That will tell you right away. One
guess would be RIP or some such but you really need to take a look at the
ptrace output and find out.

--jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/