Re: (PM) T1 lease in Denver ...

Jeff Carneal (jeff@apex.apex.net)
Fri, 1 May 1998 20:16:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 1 May 1998, roes wrote:

> Signaling: Trunk E&M wink start
> Receive Level: -7.5dB to -15dB
>
> However the telco said that they use a 5e switch and can not change the
> padding on it.
>
> Does somebody has any insights into this problem???

You can change padding on a 5e. I don't know the exact config of the bell
5e in my area, but they change padding and send dB levels on every T1 they
install here because they're always wrong at first. And we know they're
not blowing smoke up our ass because we have a T1 tester with which to
verify the change is made correctly...

--
  Jeff Carneal - Sys Admin - Apex Internet
  jeff@apex.net http://www.apex.net (502) 442-5363

The opinions expressed above aren't really mine. They belong to someone else who also refuses to take responsibility for them.