Re: (PM) Routing Problems (fwd)

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 18:05:45 -0500 (EST)

I think MZ may have missinterpreted what you were saying. You indicated that
you were going to add routes to your gateway router which is your PM2 and
make the destination of those routes the ethernet on the PM3. This is
perfectly legitimate. I think what MZ was thinking is that the routes would
be placed into the PM3, which would not be correct.

The only problem I see is that you are going to try routing 2 subnets to
the PM3 so that the can have the 48 addresses you need while saving 16
addresses. I really can't tell you what the implications are going to be
right off but that would seem to been a dangerous way to handle it. I'd
suggest expending the extra 16 addresses and sent it a /26.

Darn, it's just too bad you can't do a /26.25 subnet. :)

Chuck