Re: (PM) PM3 config for Win3.1/Scripts AND PAP????

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:17:28 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Phil Hunt wrote:

> Hi
>
> After looking through the manuals for my shiny new PM3, I am confused about
> how to set a portmaster to acceptr both PAP AND Win 3.1 type dialups.
>
> PAP does not ask a username/password prompt, but gets them through PAP and
> win3.1 requires username:/password: prompts.

What are you using for win3.1x dialins? You could use PAP also....

Most of the current dialers M$IE, Nutscrape, Trumpet Winsock, use such.

> It looks to me that you can't set a port to do both, is that true? Mgetty
> under Unix looks for PAP and if it doesn't see it, gives a username prompt.
> Is that how pm stuff works?

the settings for your ports should be login/network ... I leave it to the
viewer to read up on it.

BUT, I'm working on a FAQ to show how to setup the DEFAULTS for these...

> Does anyone have the 'set all', etc settings and a sample radius file
> implementing the above scenario.

Not yet, finally got my test setup working now I can mess with RADIUS ;)

the only thing I would change would be to use DEFAULT1, DEFAULT2, etc...

It isn't clear in the RADIUS manual, but it appears the plain DEFAULTs are
used mostly for prefix/suffix check items...

See if that helps....

My current munge is, and yes I know it's a mess, but that's why I'm going
to play with my test setup so I can tune it without breaking anything that
is currently working... ;)

#
# test account to go straight to shell
#
#

test Password = "UNIX"
User-Service-Type = Login-User,
Login-Host = iav.com,
Login-Service = Rlogin

#
# Static IP account
#
#

poico Auth-Type = System
User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-IP-Address = 207.24.9.234,
Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# They didn't pay to use our modems...
#
#

ao Password = "Y#$%af32rq2"
goose Password = "Y#$%af32rq2"

#
# For those bozos that just gotta get into Unix and I'm too lazy to
# add entries for them in RADIUS
#

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System, Prefix = "U"
User-Service-Type = Login-User,
Login-Host = iav.com,
Login-Service = Rlogin

#
# Yeahah! These are our normal no muss/fuss accounts...
#
#

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
Framed-MTU = 1500,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood