(PM) Outgoing Modem (fwd)

Jeff Northon (jeffo@seashell.sasquatch.com)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:06:04 -0800 (PST)

>From my archives, this might get you started.
Jeff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:09:47 -0800 (PST)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) Outgoing Modem (fwd)

Once upon a time Steve Fogelson shaped the electrons to say...
>Can I access the USR modem pool for an outgoing call from a work station
>on our intranet. We are using Windows 95 on the WS's.

You need a comm port redirector on the PC.
See <URL:http://www.tactical-sw.com/>

>If so, how do I program the PM2E (or can you refer me to documents to do
>so)?

To use them with the redirector you'd set them as a network device.

>What protocol should I use ?

The redirectors are TCP based.

-MZ

--
Lucent Remote Access Division - Chair, Department of Interstitial Affairs
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com