Re: (PM) DoS attack

Chris Adams (cadams@ro.com)
25 Feb 1998 17:56:07 GMT

According to Stephen Zedalis <tintype@exis.net>:
>On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, David Denney wrote:
>>It would be nice to have a filter
>>that could be applied onto a dialup port that would block source
>>addresses other that ones assigned to the port without having to
>>have a different filter for each customer.
>
>I agree, this needs an RFE. There ought to be a "magic" value in the
>filter rulesets that equates to the address currently assigned to that
>port/user. That way you can set your rulesets to only permit
>incoming packets with the correct source address(s) for that port. It
>would simplify things alot and allow you to do filtering that currently
>you can only do with static IP assignments and individual filters per
>user.

I'd like to see that extended to include a magic value for the routes
corresponding to the Framed-Route statements in RADIUS. Then I could
have just one default filter for everyone (dialup single-IP and network
connections) and only create special filters for special cases.

--
Chris Adams - cadams@ro.com
System Administrator - Renaissance Internet Services