Re: (PM) DoS attack

David Denney (daud@dimensional.com)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:38:27 -0700

On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 12:37:01PM -0500, Jason Hatch wrote:
> Why are you blocking reserved addresses? I thought these were unroutable
> to begin with?

There are not routable across core, because people filter them.
You can route them internally all you want. I'v got numerous
customers who use 10.x.x.x for their internal networks, and NAT
to a single IP at their firewall. Filtering them insures they
dont get into my network (though they'd not get anywhere from
there anyhow).

--
David Denney           | D i m e n s i o n a l   C o m m u n i c a t i o n s |
daud@dimensional.com   |  Shell & PPP * $25/mo 33K/56Kbps * $50/mo 64K ISDN  |

protect your freedom, while you still can, finger me for PGP key, use it!