Re: (PM) IRX Question.

Damien T. (damient@livewire.comsec.net)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:47:16 -0800 (PST)

At 09:03 AM 2/24/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Gee I hope so, since Ive got asite with 2 t1's and 2 56k fracs feeding it.
>
>Why would it not be able to use all the ports? It would be sort of a
>worthless design. Maybe you were thinking of the Max?

Max what? What's a Max?

Actually, it has been mentioned on this list many times that although the S1
and S3 ports can each handle a DS-1 running full bore due to the DMA
implementation on these ports, we've all been advised against running the
two 64K ports at full bore along with two DS-1's because the router will
become sluggish and throughput will suffer based upon the interrupt handling
on the 64K ports.

As I recall, if the 2 64K ports aren't both maxed out all the time, then
there should be no problem.

Since this is just my recollection rather than a search through the list
archives, anyone from Livingston is welcome to provide a correction to my
comments.

Damien Thorn
Ground Zero Communications, Inc.