Re: (PM) Postscript format of new manuals

Kelley L. (redhat@cococo.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:22:06 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Kelley L. wrote:
>

> > Has anyone downloaded the new Portmaster Routing Manual from the ftp
> > site? I downloaded it, but I can't print it, unless I want to print all of
>
> Get a free HARD COPY by filling out the Manual form at www.livingston.com

That isn't the point. I know I can get a free Hard Copy, but I would
like the ability to print it myself. I don't want to request a free copy
every time they update a manual. Maybe the software they are using to
generate the postscript can't make what I want, but maybe it can and if it
can they will save themselves quite a bit of printing costs. Not to
mention anyone who wants a new manual can have it anytime they want.

With the numbering scheme they use for chapters and such, a person could
have a new updated manual very quickly by just printing out the chapters
that changed or were added and the table of contents and possibly the

This probably isn't the place to even discuss this. Where would one send
a request such as this to anyway?

later
Kelley