Re: (PM) win95 PPP via RS232 cable into PM2 ?

Kai (kai@www.abest.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:08:05 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>

> I had the same problem on how to connect a Win95 to a FreeBSD system using a
> null modem cable, some one had posted in August on the the
> comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc usenet news group with this problem. The
> solution is below:

[..]

woo. thanks ! this did it...I have it up and running now (I had to tweak
around with DSR/CD via a breakout box, it's somehow still "dialling" for
an extended time, but it works) .

A friendly person at idontknow.com emailed me the same script just minutes
later....

Thanks for everyone who responded (I replied in private email mostly) !

This should go into the FAQ...

bye,Kai
-- --
kai@9inch.org "Just say No" to Spam Kai Schlichting
Palo Alto, CA Sophisticated Technical Peon
Kai's SpamShield <tm> is for you - FREE! www.abest.com/~kai/spamshield.html
| |
LeasedLines-FrameRelay-IPLs-ISDN-PPPdial-Cisco-Consulting-VoiceFax-Data-Muxes
WorldWideWebAnything-Intranets-NetworkAdmin-UnixAdmin-Security-ReallyHardMath