Re: (PM) Claiming used dynamic ip addresses.

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 21:43:15 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Mike Taylor wrote:

> I want to be able for my users to be able to load balance with dynamic
> addressing. So when you bring up the second line you can assert the
> address assigned by the first connection. Will the PM freak out if I try
> this? Usually I just have static IP's for the LB users, but that could
> get outta hand, quickly.

do you mean 2 channels of ISDN or multiple devices say 2 to 3 modems?

AFAIK, 2 channel ISDN just works... 8) dynamic or static since I haven't
touched anything and have lusers that call in and have their side
correctly setup.

If you mean multiple devices then I would double check the documentation
on EQL... or Lucent RABU's multiline load balancing using Lucent RABU
products.

Okay, so I'm bored on a Saturday night what's different.... hehe

Multilink PPP is supported on ISDN interfaces only... check release notes
if this has changed. And is does this as defined in RFC 1717 (I'm not
looking it up ;)

> I would be trying this on PM2E30's (latest COMOS), Linux (which works
> great with a static ip), and flavors of winblows.

EQL for linux right? What would you use for winblowz?

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood