(PM) A reply to "threats against Lucent"

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 22:18:32 -0600

On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 11:03:05PM -0500, Doug Hass wrote:
> Mr. Sasek,

[threat to withhold a $235,000 order deleted]

> I would hope that you would at least have the courtesy and decency to
> reply to the Portmaster list and to the ISP CEO list with an immediate
> retraction and apology. I'll be holding that $235,000 order waiting to
> see what kind of company and people I'm really dealing with at
> Livingston/Lucent.
>
> Regards,
>
> Doug Hass
> Vice President, Skye/net

Don't worry Joe - I think we'll be spending this much during 1998 on new
Lucent/Livingston hardware precisely because your firm *DOES* have the
balls to take on people like Jack Rickard in public. In fact, we have
two new cities in development right now, and as soon as the circuit
orders are in place you'll be getting our order for the PM3s to outfit
them.

And oh, by the way, as I'm sure you know we've spent well over twice that
in 1997 on your products....

Don't change a thing - your posting and position, which IMHO has been
vindicated over the last 48 hours with Rickard admitting that he has no
knowledge of and won't publish the central-site hardware info for the
K56Flex numbers he was calling, and further, that he has in fact
blackballed you, is all I needed to see.

Standing up to people who use bully pulpits, such as a magazines, to publish
misleading information is part of your, and anyone else on the marketing end
of products and services, job.

It earns nothing but admiration from our organization.

Go tell Steve, your boss that while some may threaten you, others will
just buy more of the best there is on the market.

'Nuff said.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service