(PM) in.pmd developement.

James (James@superbug.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 01:27:47 +0000

Hello

Ok. So you will never release in.pmd. I think what you should do is
publish a standard interface spec so that 3rd parties can write a
program similar to netty.c so that it can support the speed, control
lines etc adjustments that in.pmd could do.
Then the current users can use it and develop it.

For my part I need a program that will at lease run printers. I hope
netty.c will work for whatever my customers unix box is. Another real
bummer at the moment is modem pools on portmasters not supporting DCD
line signals via a netdata interface. That is why in.pmd is so useful.

Cheers
James