Re: (PM) URGENTLY need a pmd for Linux 2.0.xx (fwd)

Jerry Workman (jerry@newwave.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:12:54 -0500

That's really too bad. It's a important and needed (at least by me) feature.

I find the decision to drop support and to not distribute the source a bit
short sighted and punitive, particularly for customers who have used the
feature on other platforms. Is it possible that there is a problem in the
current ComOS that prevents in.pmd and nettty from working ?

Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org>
To: PortMaster Users <portmaster-users@livingston.com>
Date: Friday, February 20, 1998 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: (PM) URGENTLY need a pmd for Linux 2.0.xx (fwd)

Once upon a time Jerry Workman shaped the electrons to say...
>I need one for BSDI 3.1 also. The FTP server seems to only have in.pmd for
>Solaris and HP. No source code.

Development on PMD ceased a while back. It is on its way out. And
the source will not be released, even under NDA, so don't bother asking.

What exists now is what exists.

-MZ

--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-791-9803