Re: [jack.rickard@boardwatch.com: Re: (PM) Re: Nationwide Access - Please no Dweebs (fwd)]

Scott Rothgaber (scott@easley.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:05:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> There was not ONE PCM connection running under 40kbps. NOT ONE. There
> were a few 50kbps connections, and most were either 44kbps or 46kbps

FWIW, it's exactly the same here. The lowest Flex connection I have even
seen is from my own modem here in the shop. I have violated EVERY rule for
running a phone line (three modems and two telephones on the same line,
etc) and I STILL get no less than 38K. As for my customers, most nail
46-48 every time.

I think that Mr. Rickard has proven what my statistics professor once
said: You can make the data say just about anything you want it to.