(PM) (ANNC) New PortMaster Documentation Process (fwd)

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:57:10 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:40:56 -0800
From: Dan Geiger <dang@livingston.com>
To: portmaster-announce@livingston.com
Subject: New PortMaster Documentation Process

We have begun a new documentation process that includes the following
changes:

1) All products will ship with their Hardware Installation Guides only--the
PortMaster Configuration and Command Line Administration Manuals will no
longer ship with each product.

2) Customers purchasing new products may register to receive complete sets
of manuals at http://www.livingston.com/Forms/manual-order.cgi. Lucent
Technologies will ship these manuals to customers at no charge.

3) A new manual, the PortMaster Routing Guide will be shipped at no charge
to all customers who register their PortMaster products at
http://www.livingston.com/Forms/customer-registration.cgi.

In addition:
-all documentation is downloadable in PDF, HTML, and PostScript formats
from our web (http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Docs/manuals.html) or FTP sites
-all documentation is provided on CD with every product purchase

We are no longer automatically shipping the Configuration and Command Line
Administration Manuals because we want to reduce redundancy and waste--the
fact is that many customers already have ample quantities of these manuals.
Instead, we are providing customers with the means to rapidly access all
of our documentation in hardcopy or via CD-ROM, the web, and downloadable
files.

Sincerely,
Dan Geiger

'unsubscribe portmaster-announce' in the body of the message.