Re: (PM) M23

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:20:00 -0800 (PST)

On 19 Feb 1998, Dan Klopfer wrote:

> How is it possible for someone to connect M23 when I only have 23 lines.
> 0-22 have been used but never M23.

Remember - the modems are not allocated in the same order as your lines
necessarily.. Even if you do not have as many channels as modems,
eventually the other modems will get used (if you let it run long enough).
When a modem is in a reset state after a call, the PM allocates from the
next available modem it finds which was M23 in your case.

> M0 S0 ACTIVE 16800 V42BIS LAPM 1047 0 CIRCUIT
> DISCONNECT
> M1 S1 ACTIVE 31200 V42BIS LAPM 958 0 CIRCUIT
> DISCONNECT
>
> cut.....
>
> M22 READY UNKNWN NONE NONE 21 0 LAPM DISCONNECT
> M23 S17 ACTIVE 33600 V42BIS LAPM 1 0 NORMAL
> M24 READY UNKNWN NONE NONE 0 0 NORMAL

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/