Re: (PM) Busy signal calling into 5-bri card.

Kendrick Myatt (myattk@datatek.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:09:35 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Messinger <jake@ams.com>
To: Drew C Morone <drew@j51.com>
Cc: portmaster-users@livingston.com <portmaster-users@livingston.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 1998 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: (PM) Busy signal calling into 5-bri card.

>On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Drew C Morone wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a busy signal when I call either of the 2 channels
that I have
>> connected to my 5 BRI card.
>> The line is provisioned for both data and voice, however, instead
of a
>> ring, I get busy.
>> Is there something I have to configure?
>
>call fone co and make sure csv and csd=1 and csv max and csd max
ALSO = 1.
Yes, after going around and around with BellSouth about this, it
is of the utmost importance! Their normal entry software will not
let them provision lines like that (says it's illegal) so it has to
be done manually by a switch tech. Also make sure they update the
master order with that info or someone will come along and change it
back. Happened to me :( Like I said.. I went round and round with
it :)

Regards,

Kendrick